Feel free to edit the wiki to add interesting information about places, people and things you find during your adventures. Here’s a list of useful starting sections of the website:
Playing the Game
- Adventure Log
- Campaign Background: the basic information everyone should know
- Plot Points: a place to keep track of bits we don’t want to forget
Resources and References
You really shouldn’t need to buy any books to play this game. Everything you need is legally available online for free at:
- Official PRD
- Enhanced PRD (a little nicer presentation)
- Free Campaign Player’s Guide
- Pathfinder Community Wiki Warning: contains potential spoilers.
If you are purchasing books, these are the most useful:
- Pathfinder Core Book has everything you need to play.
- Advanced Player’s Guide is completely optional, but has more crunch if you like that.
- Same goes for Ultimate Magic and Ultimate Combat for the respective character classes.
- I was not planning on using anything from the Advanced Race Guide but if someone has it, we can review.
- More applicable than those advanced books would be the Player’s Companion to Varisia, especially if you like background lore (DM has a hard copy).
- And if you want to learn more of the campaign world, you can grab the Inner Sea Guide
- In fact, any of the Player Companion books supplements could be useful, especially those that directly relate to your class or character race.
- Finally, if you want a tricked out character sheet, check out the Character Folio
Of all of those, the three most important would be the Core Handbook, the Advanced Player’s Guide, and the Varisia Companion book.
Note: I have hardcopies of almost all of this and ebook versions of pretty much everything. I can lend you a copy if you want to check it out before laying down any cash.
Again, you don’t need to spend any money if you don’t want to.